ABC NEWS Special: The Kennedy Health Care Act – we decide what is good for you
It was released yesterday that ABC won’t air the Anti-Obama health care advertisement produced by the League of American Voters. The simple reason given was, well…actually a reason wasn’t given other than to say that the ad was “partisan.” Most free speech is in fact “partisan” as a particular point of view is advocated. It seems that Obama and the network intend that ABC’s is the only opinion allowed to be partisan as the network gave free airtime last month to a one hour infomercial delivered directly from Obama’s White House.
Apparently the network felt that the discussion of health care issues was only relevant when done from the White House during an exclusive ABC News presentation. After all, liberal propaganda must be protected. And, when the Obama White House starts regulating program content, ABC wants to be on Obama’s Facebook ‘Friends’ list.
In the end, this could signal a positive change in the network. If ABC is giving critical thought to the advertisements it runs, it may be that they are considering pulling the plug on other network gems. If so here are the top ten shows we wish ABC would yank from their portion of the airwaves.
10. Good Morning America – Obama propaganda tool #1, Charlie Gibson continues to embarrass himself. In the latest episode, while glorifying poor Cindy Sheehan during the Bush presidency, Gibson recently admonished her to “go away” when Sheehan showed up to protest outside the Obama vacation home. Most journalists are more careful to hide their liberal bias. Gibson should be ashamed for letting his become so transparent.
9. The View – Now that Elizabeth Hasselbeck (why are the conservative women always far and away the prettiest?) is a ‘mom-to-be’ program producers are trying to figure out how to keep the show’s leftists from just ranting. That is about all the lefties are capable of anyway; that and slamming conservative women for being beautiful as well as intelligent.
8. America’s Funniest Home Videos – Americans have a knack for doing stupid things while having trusted friends film them. Obama is highly sensitive to this tendency and is trying to limit the ability of news organizations to film him doing his stupid things. Unfortunately, the health care bills now being considered have been released to the public. The public didn’t like it one bit. So… a few critics have started showing up and making fools of key allies such as Arlen Specter and Kathleen Sebelius. It is bad enough that the public reads bills its representatives are to vote on, but it is even worse that the key supporters – including the President – have no idea what the proposal will do. AFV has gotten so predicable in recent years that one can tell exactly what the toddler is going to smack with dad’s golf club. Interestingly, that is exactly where health care consumers are going to get whacked if this thing becomes law.
7. Cougar Town (new) Courtney Cox – Please Dear God – may someone pull the plug on this utter embarrassment before it starts. The show is so conceptually bad that the network will undoubtedly be embarrassed that it even put up a pilot episode. Cougar Town is about a forty-ish, freshly divorced Mom trying to learn to chase younger guys. Why, we don’t know. Courtney Cox is being paid to portray the divorcee as well as to act as if she has very little brain matter in her pursuit of younger male companionship. The Obama administration in trying to hang onto the women’s vote, will certainly object to portraying newly single women in this fashion. Newly single women should also object to being portrayed in this fashion.
6. Dating in the Dark – Who in the world comes up with these ideas. Although getting to know someone before dating them is certainly a good idea, understanding that one’s date might have a face full of comic book tattoos would be good to know before heading out to Chez Maurice’s for an elegant dinner. Incidentally, this is the same philosophy Obama is using to sell his health care proposals. Keep the details from view for as long as possible. Before long, you will be having dinner at a fancy French restaurant with a zombie; a zombie who will stick you with the check.
5. Lost – Is this thing still on the air? Is there no one at ABC that can come up with an interesting story that can hold viewer’s attention? Well.. maybe not. With the public education system firmly in the hands of Obama’s teacher union allies, this may be all that future generations of viewers will be able to handle. In fact, “Lost” is exactly where voters were last November.
4. Dirty Sexy Money – The network should just be straight about its programming. Sex and money sells air time. So… why not have a show about sex and money? Because after Obama finishes with the economy, Americans will only have a limited shot at half of what sells air time.
3. The Bachelorette – Always looking for a way to take normal people to inflict severe emotional pain, ABC has extended the run of the Bachelorette. The sex and money theme is alive and well here, too. Viewers all seem to like the hot tub and bedroom scenes as well as the deeply personal feelings that are shared with the entire world. Team Obama has tried to build this level of intimacy with voters but is having trouble with the ‘trust’ part of the relationship. It would help if they read the bills they advocate. The Bachelorette would be wise to read up on her suitors as well.
2. I Survived a Japanese Game Show – This is the most unbelievably stupid idea to ever threaten to occupy air time. Mama San runs things for a group of young participants who are to do some – as yet undefined tasks. They are of course ‘hooking up’ with one another. This appears to be a silly version of Dirty Sexy Money in Japanese game show format. What was the research that ABC commissioned to determine that this show might be successful? Probably the same research group that is telling Obama that the public really does want the government to take over the health care delivery system.
1. ABC NEWS Special: The Edward Kennedy Health Care Act – Driving Health Care off a Bridge. Team Obama will never permit this show to leave the air. The public may never watch.